Hope for Mental Health Community | Spiritual Abuse and Racial Trauma
- Mental Health
- Facebook Live
- Mental Health Community
- Hope for Mental Health Community
Our lives have been affected and shaped by the latest deaths of unarmed black men and women. These fresh wounds have launched deep and profound conversations in our nation about race, violence, and trauma. This month we are grateful to hear from Kyle J. Howard, a Christian theologian and trauma-informed soul care provider. Kyle shares his personal journey with severe depression and suicidal ideation, as well as his experience providing soul care to those who have encountered spiritual and racial trauma within the Church. Join this conversation as Kyle defines and explains the impact of spiritual abuse and racial trauma.
- Kyle J. Howard's Website
- Healing Racial Trauma: The Road to Resilience
- The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-Term Effects of Childhood Adversity
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Suffering and the Heart of God: How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores
- Redeeming Power: Understanding Authority and Abuse in the Church
- My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies
To view previous Hope for Mental Health Community gatherings please click here.